Cell Structure and Function
Even though microscopic eukaryotes (e.g., fungi, protozoa, and algae) carry out some of the same processes as bacteria, how do many of the cellular properties fundamentally differ?
- Identify (model or diagram) major eukaryotic cell structures and explain their associated functions.
- State two unique structures present in Eukaryotes, but not in Bacteria and Achaea.
- Explain why eukaryotic cells need/have organelles, while bacterial and archaeal cells generally do not.
- Compare and contrast transcription and/or translation in Eukaryotes vs. Bacteria or Archaea.
- Explain why it is difficult to develop antifungal drugs. Describe some of the successful cellular targets that have been identified.