Multicellularity & Cell Connections
How do cells connect to each other and organize to function as a collective entity?
- Differentiate the ways plant, animal and fungal cells are connected to each other and exchange materials independent of membrane transport.
- Evaluate the claim that colonial organisms are multicellular.
- Compare and contrast cell communication in unicellular and multicellular organisms in response to pathogens, symbionts, and physical and chemical signals.
- Evaluate the importance of cell-cell communication in coordinating function in multicellular organisms.
- Given an example of apoptosis, analyze its potential effect on fitness of the organism.