Information storage and flow are dynamic and interactive
How are genomes maintained?
- State how the cell ensures high fidelity DNA replication and identify instances where the cell employs mechanism for damage repair.
- Explain what a mutation is at the molecular level, how it arises and how it could potentially affect the organism from gene expression to fitness.
- Relate how the cell cycle and genome maintenance are coordinated and how disruptions in this coordination could affect the organism.
- List events that result in genomic instability and explain how the cell responds to restore order and stability.
- Construct relationships between chromosome and cellular structures (e.g. telomere, centromeres and centrosomes) and explain how these structures are responsible for and/or involved in genomic stability.